|Experience Required||10 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time Job|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Maritime Technologies (R&D) Pte Ltd is seeking a Tech Lead (coder). We are a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup that is gaining traction in a very traditional multi-trillion dollar maritime shipping industry. Our team includes web/mobile, UI/UX coders plus domain knowledge and business experts who have a very clear road map towards our vision in Aggregated Shipping. Our products have a strong focus on effective penetration with beautiful design and great user experience.
Compatible candidates will thrive in our highly collaborative, challenging and rapidly progressing environment. We release code every day, making for quick iterations. To succeed in this role, you should be a self-starter problem-solver who understands and works well with business to deliver superior quality products on time. You think more as a boss than as an employee, and constantly challenge yourself to explore new possibilities for better product quality, and help your team succeed.
• Communicate, comprehend and work with Business to provide solution architectural, developmental and technological options according to our roadmap
• Mobilise and lead product management, web engineers, UI/UX designers, and data engineers to deliver top notch products and quality on schedule
• Develop and lead a DevOps team: recommend resource needs and allocation; put right people at the right seats (according to their unique capability); ensure they do things right (deliver quality and on schedule)
• Balance long term code health and sustainability with progressive business needs
• Design and develop DevOps best practices and performance
• Own each module and its features from initial discussions through to release
• Guide, coach and mentor junior developers
• BS in Computer Science or a similar field or relevant experience
• 10 years of professional experience building large scale frontend and related backend workflow, booking, documentation, database & other applications
• Strong work ethics, positive attitudes, and a great personality that brings joy to work
• Experience working with SQL, relational databases, big data, graph database is a plus
• Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development
• Ability to identify and apply appropriate design and integration patterns to deliver complex business requirements
• Experience working with cloud-based systems (GCP, AWS) and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and organisational skills
• Experience and interest in leading and growing a team with an entrepreneur rather than employee mindset
Virgin Atlantic is seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code
The acquisition is said to be over $80 million
Most of them have taken out a loan.
The company added $200 billion to their value this year.
Most have resulted in a new product or an existing product's enhancement.