|Experience Required||5 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time Job|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Maritime Technologies (R&D) Pte Ltd is seeking a Backend Developer for our Technology Development team. We are a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup that is gaining traction in a very traditional multi-trillion dollar maritime shipping industry. Our team includes web/mobile, UI/UX coders plus domain knowledge and business experts who have a very clear road map towards our vision in “Aggregated Shipping”. Our products have a strong focus on effective penetration with beautiful design and great user experience.
Compatible candidates will thrive in our highly collaborative, challenging and rapidly progressing environment. We release code every day, making for quick iterations. To succeed in this role, you should be a highly skilled Backend Coder who understands and works well with business to deliver superior quality products on time. You should be constantly challenging yourself to collaborate better with the team, explore new possibilities for better product quality, and succeed with the team.
• Grasp needs quickly, provide solution options, and collaborate with product management, web engineers, and data engineers to deliver according to production schedule
• Develop solutions and services using PHP or other technologies
• Develop rich consumer experiences using Node and React
• Write and maintain clean codes
• Provide input on development best practices
• Own features from initial discussions through release
• Guide and mentor junior developers
• BS in Computer Science or a similar field or relevant experience
• minimum 5 years of professional experience working on building large scale frontend and PHP or other related backend applications.
• Experience working with SQL and relational databases. Knowledge on graph database is a plus.
• Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development.
• Ability to identify and apply appropriate design and integration patterns to deliver complex business requirements.
• Experience working with cloud-based systems (GCP, AWS) and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
• Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience and interest to work as a senior developer.
Aug 11: Latest business and tech news around the world.
Business gains have been wiped out by the pandemic.
Virgin Atlantic is seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code
The acquisition is said to be over $80 million
Most of them have taken out a loan.