|Experience Required||1 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time Job|
|Vacancies Available||2 available|
• LotusFlare’s mission is to make mobile internet more affordable and accessible across the globe. We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our rapidly expanding group in Sunnyvale. If you thrive on working with big data in high performance teams then this is the place for you. You would work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable and insightful information
• The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience working with large-scale distributed systems. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
• Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
• Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
• Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
• Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution. Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
• Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
• Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our arge Data Warehouse
• Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Scala, Java and PHP
• Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
• 2+ years of Scala and/or Python development experience is necessary
• 2+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc) experience is required
• 2+ years of LAMP stack development experience is necessary
• 2+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
• 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
• 2+ years or experience applying statistical data analysis to real-life problems
• Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
• Ability to write reusable code components
• Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent design skills with a proven ability to find simple solutions to complex problems.
• Understand a broad range of data models and know how, when and when not to use them.
• Previous experience with Data ingestion and IR (information retrieval) is highly desirable.
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
Business gains have been wiped out by the pandemic.
Virgin Atlantic is seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code
The acquisition is said to be over $80 million
Most of them have taken out a loan.
The company added $200 billion to their value this year.