Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
- Malaysia’s Common Ground, co-working space operator, closed a $20M Series A round.
- Maxis expands enterprise offerings with end-to-end e-commerce solution
- Singapore sovereign fund Temasek takes stake in tech events firm Unbound
- Amazon’s new warehouse policy will penalize sellers for storing products too long.
- Airbnb to launch IPO before the end of 2020.
- Lyft raises $600M in funding round at $15.1B valuation led by Fidelity Management & Research Company.
- India-based Policybazaar raises over $200M in round led by SoftBank Group’s Vision Fund; achieves unicorn status.
- Wifi Alliance introduces next WPA security generation.
- Meituan, the Tencent-backed ‘one-stop super app,’ files for IPO in Hong Kong
- Toutiao 头条 reportedly planning to launch new live gamecasting service.
- Douyin has over 100M international monthly users as well as 300M domestic monthly users.
- Number of WeChat mini-programs reaches 1M with 280M C-end users.
- Baidu and Ford China reach strategic cooperation intention to explore deep cooperation in various fields.
- Maternity healthcare app MomKnows obtains RMB 150M Series C led by Shenzhen Share Capital Partners.
- Sequoia Capital completes $6B in capital commitments for an $8B global fund.
- Voice recognition firm AISpeech 思必驰 completes RMB 500M Series D led by Oriza Holdings and China Minsheng Investment.
- Google partners with JD.com to crack China through hardware.
- Telstra, Australian accelerator, is discontinuing muru-D, its program in Singapore.
- Chat app LINE to launch crypto exchange in July but it won’t cover US or Japan
- Walmart, Nestle, Unilever and 10 more companies work with IBM on the blockchain projects for food supply chain.
- Cashify, India-based second-hand mobile devices seller, raises $12M in Series C to launch website.
🌟 Chinaccelerator Batch 14 Application is now Open until 7/27!
Chinaccelerator equips you with the Mentorship, Networks and Capital you need in order to expand to China/Asia market or across the globe. If you're interested to find out more about the program, check out Chinaccelerator Batch 14 Applications
👉 Apply here: www.chinaccelerator.com/apply