Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
Around the world:
- Amazon Go’s cashier-less stores are coming to Chicago and San Francisco
- Facebook suspends 200 apps over data misuse investigation
- Snapchat starts showing six-second ads that viewers can’t skip
- Lyft says it has 35 percent of the U.S. ride-sharing market
- NomNomNow (a dog meal provider) raised $13 million in funding with participation from Bullish and other investors
- Thailand is going to regulate cryptocurrency from this Sunday.
- iqiyi will work with Baidu Nuomi Movie in terms of technology and traffic.
- Tesla sets up a new company in Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone.
- Vipshop Q1 2018 net revenue decreased by 4% compared to last year
- JD Finance are starting a new round fundraising. The estimated value will reach 20 billion USD.
- B2B retail platform huixiadan 惠下单 announced that they raised money from Tencent.
- According to Canalys, in 2018 Q1, Xiaomi occupied 18.3% of Indian market, ranked 2nd after Sumsung.
- China's stock market Is about to burst onto the global stage https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-13/china-s-msci-debut-is-about-to-put-new-stocks-in-your-pension
- OPPO is entering UK market.