Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
Around the world:
- Apple Q1 revenue reached 61.137bn USD, increased by 16% compared to last year.
- McDonald’s Q1 revenue is 5.14bn, decreased by 9% compared to last year.
- Facebook announces dating feature at F8 earlier today.
- After Cambridge Analytica issue, Facebook announced that they would launch the new function - users can “clear the history”; Facebook will also open the online dating function which will match users with strangers.
- Tencent planned to acquire Bluehole by 468 Million USD. Bluehole is a Korean video games company.
- Users are not allowed to use any elements related to “Peppa Pig” in Douyin 抖音 according to Douyin community rules
- AutocloudPro 车通云 (an Auto parts service provider) raised 500Million RMB in C round.
- Oppo launched their sub brand Realme in India officially.
- According to Indian Times, in 2017, Apple’s profit in India is 10x that of Xiaomi.