Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
Around the world:
- Facebook Q1 2018 revenue 11.9Billion USD, increased by 49% compared to last year.
- PUMA plans to move their factories from China to Vietnam and Indonesia in case that the trade war between China and USA deteriorates.
- Costa was separated from their parent company Whitbread and started to operate independently.
- USA announced the new restrictions of H-1B visa which means foreigners probably can’t start their companies in USA.
- Culture Trip (content platform for trips) raised 80Million USD B round.
- Ali Health 阿里健康 partnered with Dingding钉钉 to provide health checkup service for company employees.
- Baidu launched financial cloud 金融云 to provide cloud service for financial institutions.
- 喜茶 HEYTEA raised 400Million in B round from Meituan.
- Xiaomi launched Xiaomi 6X, targeting new retail market.
- Sohu 搜狐 lost 87 Million USD in Q1 2018