This August, MaGIC, one of the leading startup accelerators in Southeast Asia, will kick off Series-3 (the third satellite event) of the E-Nation Conference.
The event, which is themed: "Tech for Good", will be held this 26th August together with 22 key industry leaders.
- Series-3 aims to discuss how technology has become an imminent component to all aspects of the economy, leaving a digital footprint behind — and how a positive impact can be brought to peoples lives.
- The 22 industry leaders invited come from large multi-national corporations, startups, the media, and more.
- "Live attendees" will also be entitled to receive "e-goody bags" comprising vouchers from local Social Enterprises.
Topics that will be focused on
Science, Heritage and Art -Digitising the Experience - Science centres, heritage sites and art galleries around the world are highly due for digital adoption. The physical experience of culture and art must transcend borders in these ever so challenging circumstances. Forcing adaptation due to social distancing, the crisis now accelerates the digitalisation of the galleries overhaul funding models, the reduction of the dependence on physical presence and an upward momentum to scale. Meanwhile, the resilience and migration to the digital space can take several forms: use of previously digitised resources, enhanced social media presence, new online exhibitions, and special activities.
- Moderator : Jiaying Lin, UNESCO
- Daniel Tan, Senior Director, Exhibition Division, Science Centre Singapore
- Mohamad Farid Zaini, General Manager, Rinjani Lombok Biosphere Reserve and Geopark Management Board, Indonesia
- Yu Tianxiu, Director of Cultural Heritage Digitization Institute, Dunhuang Academy, China
- Dr Anne Dhanaraj, Senior Director, Education Programmes, Science Center Singapore
- Nyi Lynn Seck, Founder and Managing Director, 3XVIVR, Myanmar
Cultivating Diversity and Inclusivity through Technology - Diversity and inclusion, it is more than policies, programmes, or headcounts. It could be an essential enabler for business development to have a healthy variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures that provide a balance of differentiating voices and diversity of thought. Research has shown that having diversity and inclusion is good for business. So how might we leverage technology in driving the culture of Diversity and Inclusion in an organisation? How does technology can improve talent acquisition, employees' development and engagement, reward system?
- Moderator: Florence Tan, Corp Responsibility Senior Manager, PWC
- Lee Hui Li, General Manager, Enterprise Commercial in Asia Pacific, Microsoft.
- Attila Emam, Head of People, AirAsia Digital
- Aziph Mustapha, Head of Culture Transformation & Employee Engagement, Celcom
Technological Investment to Accelerate Innovation - History has shown that incumbent companies that emerged from recessions stronger, all of them shared one key characteristic: committed to maintaining or increasing investments during the tumultuous time. Research have shown that corporates who have been the most active corporate venture capital (CVC) investors outperformed their peers and the overall short- and long-term markets.
- Moderator: Jaffri Ibrahim, CEO, Crest
- Siti Nurul Narizah M Nizar, Head, Deployment, Petronas Ventures
- Zaman Ahmad, Head of Corporate Ventures & Development, TNB
- Srinivas Gattamneni, CEO, ADA
Panel : Tech for Good (Capsule 3) - Startups have had to balance the bottom line of business while being socially responsible and environmentally conscious. Learn from these regional startups on how they use technology to create a safe and sustainable business ecosystem. Gain insights from their startup founders that have shown that there are ways to achieve the bottom line while while being socially responsible and environmentally conscious.
- Moderator: Deviga Doreraja, Director, The Tenth Floor
- Hui Yik Seong, Founder, DirectLending
- Giva Kuppusamy, Founder & CEO, GK Aqua
- Rickson Khaw, Founder, Uni Enrol
Future of Healthcare - How should we be using technology to combat the COVID 19 pandemic?, How will this pandemic change the way healthcare is delivered in years to come? How can individuals, organisations and governments be more prepared for future pandemics? Given he is living with the long term symptoms of covid 19 (Long insights as a Covid Covid ) for over 6 months himself, he has unique survivor.
- Maneesh Juneja, Digital Health Futurist
- Moderator : Melisa Idris
A Glimpse of the Future - Jeremy will be sharing the most recent and upcoming technologies that we change the way we work, live and play. He evaluates the qualities of new products and their impact on established markets and industries, relating this to how organisations can improve their own designs and adopt innovative thinking ahead of future threats and opportunities.
- Jeremy White, Executive Editor, WIRED Magazine UK
- Moderator : Melisa Idris
Interested attendees can register for Series-3: Tech for Good via the official website here.