Log In / Sign Up
Vertex Ventures Indonesia
CEO @ Launchgarage,
Associate@ Matrix Partners
Partner at Qualgro, Venture ca...
Insignia Ventures Partners
Uber loses $1 billion per quarter; Go-Jek hits 10 million trips in Singapore within 6 months.
Wallace Ho31 May, 2019
Latest Tech Happenings this 5/31/2019
1. TikTok 抖音 launched the first parental management system and established the Union to protect children
2. Tencent sues Bytedance over gameplay videos
3. Chinese database exposed 48.5 million dating app user records
4. BEAM rolls out Beamstart Education — Bringing skillset-focused 1-1 mentoring programs, starting with web & app development in Malaysia.
5. Huawei launches 5G lab in South Korea, but keeps event low-key after U.S. ban
6. Alibaba pumps $100 million into Vmate to grow its video app in India
7. Gojek hits 10 million trips in Singapore within 6 months of launch
8. A digital platform for students homework Zuoyehezi 作业盒子 raised 1500million USD in Series D, led by Alibaba
9. Amazon interested in buying Boost from T-Mobile, Sprint – sources
10. Uber loses $1 billion in quarter as costs grow for drivers, food delivery
11. Insight Partners acquires threat intel company Recorded Future for $780M
12. Enterprise cybersecurity startup BlueVoyant raises $82.5M at a $430M+ valuation
This article is contributed by partners Chinaccelerator & BEAM