Protege’s mission is to be a leading tech-enabler in education, and make learning opportunities engaging and accessible to all. We envision ourselves to work towards a world where everyone can learn from anyone. Our goal is to build a sustainable company that can offer leading education partners technology solutions, while building the next-generation products that can help us reach out to the masses.
We are currently developing a product that will be launched for sales in October, and are in discussions with potential partnerships to expand our growth in the region.
Who we’re looking for?
Meaningful work and the right people and culture fit paths the way for a fulfilling career. As a startup, Protege is looking for a passionate developer with an interest to impact education to be part of our team. We are looking for people who are humble learners and hustlers with a heart for a greater purpose. If you are someone who is mission driven, and won’t stop until you achieve your vision, hungry for a shot at a potential career different from the masses, we want you!
● To work with the development team create education technology products and features with the end-user’s experience in mind.
● To take pride and ownership in creating seamless and user-friendly experiences through our technological products.
● To see through the entire development phase, including but not limited to envisioning, prototyping, programming, testing, debugging and maintaining the application software throughout the product lifecycle.
● To developing solutions, optimising concepts and implementing best practice solutions within web UX, architecture and code quality.
● At least 2 years of experience in developing web applications
● Strong understanding of good coding practices
● Proficient knowledge and experience in Firebase and database management
● Strong time management skills and able to work in tight deadlines
● Both independent and a strong team player
● Proactive and have an intense willingness to learn and improve skills
● Positive, resilient with a hustler and learner mentality
● Good computing-related degree is preferred
● Desire to work in an open and fast-paced startup culture/environment
● Willingness and ability to quickly learn and explore new technologies
● Experience or knowledge with building native apps would be a plus! (optional)