* Responsible for working on all layers of our AWS infrastructure.
* Maintain and improve our infrastructure for better CI/CD and scalability.
* Work with best practises to optimise our DB structures and data housing.
* Influence every aspect of the development process from API creation, content visualization, to final scalable product.
* Own important pieces of the product that has high visibility both internally and externally.
* Stay informed on the latest versions of software and mentor other developers.
* Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and forward thinking.
* Partner closely with our backend and R&D teams to architect a fast, efficient and scalable application flow that is seamless and works intuitively for our developers and ultimately our users.
* Masters or degree in computer science or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years application design and development experience.
* Minimum 2 years professional experience in DevOps.
* Excellent Linux/Unix Knowledge.
* Excellent knowledge of AWS, DNS and system architecture.
* Experience with Docker and Jenkins is expected.
* Experience with some of Terraform, Node agents, ansible, kubernetes are also expected.
* Hands on with CoreOS.
* Strong Database skills, Mongo, Redis, Elasticache, Fluentd, MySQL.
* A working understanding of code; PHP, Python etc.
* Experience as a lead developer on at least one large project impacting multiple business units with demonstrated technical leadership.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated experience in presenting details and resolving differences across a variety of tasks.
* Excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills for documentation and reporting.
Competencies or Skills
* Vast experience developing scalable architectures.
* Foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, including APIs.
* Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies.
* Strong framework outside of DevOps is always a plus
* Scripting experience and generalist engineers with backgrounds in related technologies is a plus